Sunday 29 September 2013

Tagliatelle with Asparagus and Tomato

Dish: Tagliatelle with Asparagus and Tomato

Difficulty: Easy

Utensils Used: Wooden spoon

Cock Ups: 2

Recipe Book: Jamie Oliver

Cooking: The Boyfriend was on a fire call right over when we normally have dinner, so this became a bit of a speed cooking team effort. Fortunately, I had all the ingredients for this quick easy pasta.


This started with frying up some garlic and setting water for 500g of pasta to boil. Once the garlic had fried for a bit, I added some finely chopped basil stalks.


Once that had cooked for a while, two tins of chopped tomatoes were added, brought to the boil and simmered for a few minutes.


While the Boyfriend was taking care of the pasta and sauce, I cut up some basil leaves and chopped the asparagus. The recipe called for a 'bunch' so I just did everything that I had.


This was then stirred into the sauce and left to simmer for a few more minutes.


The pasta was then strained, a little water left in with it, and some olive oil stirred in to stop it sticking.


The Boyfriend did have a bit of a mishap in the sink, however...


The sauce was then stirred into the pasta. It was way to much for two people, but will do nicely for my lunch at work tomorrow!


All in all, this took about 20 minutes to make, nice and easy :) Served with a bit of crumbled feta I had left over from last week's escapades.

Washing Up Required: A modest amount. Good job, too, because the dishwasher was already full and I forgot to put it on earlier.


Result: An easy, quick recipe that isn't exactly fancy, but perfect when there's no time and no Dolmio sauce in the cupboard.

Taste Test: I thought this was pretty nice - quite light flavours, but summery and fresh tasting. The asparagus was a bit crunchy because the recipe said to 'chop finely' or use a food processor. I don't have a food processor (getting one next week, yay!) and in my haste the chopping wasn't particularly fine, so it needed a bit more time to cook. Other than that, though, this was good.

The Boyfriend wasn't so generous.

It reminds me of the reason I don't like pasta: bland, boring, the asparagus wasn't cooked... but the bits I did were good.

Charming.


Overall Verdict: I'd make this again, perhaps for lunch or as a side for a bigger meal. It wasn't quite enough for just a main meal.

Tagliatelle with Asparagus and Tomato

No comments:

Post a Comment